Monday, January 08, 2007

Monday in review

I probably shouldn't blog right now, because I'm a little crabby and a LOT tired.

That said, you've been warned. Here we go! Work was work... nothing special or out of the ordinary there. Though I DID get to go to New Seasons with my friend Kristie - believe it or not, I've never been there in the whole time I've lived here, even after countless people raving about it! I had a sandwich and some chips - extremely delish!

After work I went to the gym to FINALLY start running again. I always said I would start running again in January, and I did (couldn't last week because I had a cold). Don't know why I picked January with all of the New Years Resolution people there - so crowded! Oh well. I walked 10 minutes, ran 5 for 40 minutes on the treadmill while watching the pregame show for the BCS Championship. I got to see Script Ohio for the last 5 minutes of my treadmill workout - DEFINITELY motivating! Woo hoo. Then I biked for about 20 minutes, then went to my Body Works class. I left the gym about 7 and came home and showed and chatted online with Em. :) Then Geoff came home and grilled me some steak and some veggies that I had cut up. I just got done eating (ugh, so late!). But soooo good. Geoff is extremely passive-aggressive which is really interesting sometimes... it is admittedly hard living with all of these guys. They do make a LOT of mess and don't clean unless specifically told to do so. To their credit, they definitely will do ANYTHING they are asked, they're just not proactive. I definitely get frustrated. I'm learning. I think that's all I should say on that topic for now. :)

Overall, it was a really great day. I feel REALLY good about my workout and getting back into it. I forgot what it feels like and how fun it is to be a runner! I always thought I wasn't a runner - now I know I definitely am. I can't wait for tomorrow!

Low point of the day: Ohio State's loss to Florida. Christine and I always say that "we like to keep it interesting in the Big 10" (pull out a victory after the half)... but it didn't quite happen tonight. It was a sad sad game to watch!

No comments: