Friday, January 19, 2007

I'm still here :)

Don't worry! I haven't quit blogging, it's just that NOTHING has been going on this week! I'm okay with that though. Tuesday I drove home from work early because of all the SNOW, and stayed home the rest of the night. I wanted to go to my class at the gym because I'd missed it Monday, but that wasn't really an option and plus I doubt they had it anyway. I just worked from home and hung out. Wednesday I swam after work, then headed home and cooked up some dinner and read for a while.

Yesterday was fun... I met Addy at the gym after work and she went to my class with me. She thought that I had signed her up for boot camp - we had a substitute instructor who was BRUTAL! She was completely wearing me out. After that I met Julie (Geoff's mom) for dinner... I drove to her house to see the work they are doing on their kitchen and then we went to the Cheesecake Factory. I had BANG-BANG CHICKEN AND SHRIMP: A Spicy Thai Dish with the Flavors of Curry, Peanut, Chile and Coconut. Sauteed with Vegetables and Served over Rice (I didn't have the rice, of course). And then I had some of my 6 carb cheesecake and took the rest to go. It was DELICIOUS. Definitely the best meal I've had in quite some time. I felt bad because I ordered broccoli on the side and I didn't eat any of it and didn't take it home. Ugh. I should not have ordered that. Dinner ended up being a 4 hour affair... we talked forever! We talk about Geoff a lot, but we also talked about Crohn's, traveling, who knows what else. We talked about how I can never stop thinking and she asked if that made it hard for me to sleep... I said YES!!! It takes me a long time to fall asleep, but then I'm usually okay when I do. She said her husband is the same way. When I dropped her off, she said good luck sleeping... I said I would be fine because it was so late and the drill instructor at the gym wore me out. But then I worked myself up on the way home and when I got home and tried to sleep, I couldn't stop thinking! I was tormenting myself (not intentionally!) but I couldn't sleep because of the thinking and I because of how exhausted I was I couldn't calm myself down. I HATE when that happens. It normally only takes me about 30 minutes to fall asleep, but last night it took 2 hours. And then everything is always fine in the morning. It is infuriating. I knew it'd be okay... and I finally turned on TV and watched about 10 minutes The Cosby Show of all things and that actually put some of my thoughts in perspective and then I could sleep. Odd. It was my favorite show when I was a kid... :)

Tonight Katie and I are giving The Way another shot and then going out for drinks or happy hour or something. I'm excited to see her! But I want to make it an early night so I can go home and go to bed before it gets so late that I get into that worked up stage again. Ick. Tomorrow Geoff comes home - I CANNOT WAIT.

No comments: