Thursday, November 25, 2004

What Nonsense...

Nonsense I tell you! Going a whole day with blogging, what is going on?!

So here's the scoop: I went to bed around 11 PM Tuesday night (Remicade always makes me tired, so it's understandable). I woke up around 7:30 AM Wednesday morning thinking "I should get up, it's been 8 hours and I have things to do, but I'll just sleep another hour or two". Woke up next at 3:00 PM. That's right folks, I slept 16 hours. That's enough sleep for TWO NIGHTS. How in the world does that happen? Oh well, I'll let it pass I suppose. :-) Just meant that instead of taking my afternoon nap in the afternoon I took it all morning and half the afternoon. I was definitely good to go for night shift tonight! So at 3:00 I got up, went to Furniture Depot to see Carl and my "fixed" table. It looked okay but still pretty shady... so I made a deal with him that I'd get this table now and he'd order me a new one. Apparently they're in stock now so I should have the new one fairly quickly. Also, he likes my table so much that he's going to start having it as a showroom model, so that's exciting! (I'd only seen it in the catalog beforehand) So anyway, I told him I needed it before 6:30 because that's when I leave for work. Then I went to the grocery store to get a few things for my green bean casserole, then went home to do some random stuff. Oh, I stopped by Starbucks on my way home for some coffee, and the guy was like "HEY, how are you?!" like we're best friends. Granted I've seen the guy a couple of times before but didn't know he was all about me. So now I must go back soon! About 6:10 the table guys still hadn't come so I called Carl and was like "WHAT'S THE DEAL?" The driver was "stuck in traffic" so luckily my darling Vinnie came over to wait for me. HUGE THANKS to him... I totally owe him. So he says my table is there and fine... I have no idea what it looks like in my apartment. He didn't seem all about it so hopefully it's actually okay. He hates light wood so perhaps that is part of the problem. We'll see. I'll report back tomorrow... and hopefully I'll post some pictures sometime in the next week (maybe on the Kelly weekend).

For Thanksgiving since the vineyards are actually closed (we were GOING to go wine tasting, but to no avail) we're going to have fondue instead! We're both making our favorite Thanksgiving dish (me the green bean casserole and him sausage stuffing) and then we're having steak, chicken, and veggie fondue with several sauces that I'm making. I'm SO SO SO excited. I can hardly wait... only 3 more hours of shift so that is AWESOME! :-) It's not like we need "side" dishes for the fondue, but we both have our Thanksgiving favorites so we're eating them. I seriously can hardly wait though. It's going to be the best Thanksgiving ever. I told my mom and she said she wished she could come to my Thanksgiving instead of hers. We had fondue one Thanksgiving and it was definitely my favorite so far, so we'll see if this one passes it. I'm going grocery shopping for all that we don't have this morning and Vin is bringing over wine and pie. So it should be fabulous. Like I said, I'm super excited. :-) Every time I think about it I get even more excited.

So have a lovely Thanksgiving everyone and I will report back hopefully sometime tomorrow night. :-)

No comments: