Tuesday, November 16, 2004

Quick shoutout and random "God" stuff and a note to all of you

So, even though I should be in bed, I wanted to give a quick shoutout to Laura, Randy, and Emily. I learned recently that they all read my blog and I love to hear that people are reading it! It definitely gives me an encouragement to keep writing, even when sometimes it's absolutely ridiculous. I really appreciate that you guys care about me enough to want to read about my life no matter what I'm writing and how insanely personal it is.


----------- This part is about God and optional but if you don't read it read again below the dashed lines. --------------

A few thoughts that made me smile last night and today:
I get a Bible verse sent to me every day, and it comes in the middle of the night. Last night after Vin went home I was like "God, I know you're going to make it an amazing verse tonight" and it was "He is the source of every mercy and the God who comforts us." 2 Corinthians 1:3, NLT. To me that was THE MOST COMFORTING thing in the world, and right when I needed it.

Then today I was thinking about this song that I always used to listen to when Julius made me sad, because it always made me smile. It's sort of an unpopular song and NEVER played on the radio (like literally I've never heard it on the radio). Later this afternoon I turned on the radio and after like 5 minutes THAT SONG came on. How awesome is that?

And that, ladies and gentleman, is why God has my whole heart. :-)

------------------------------------------------

So I realize that God/Jesus/Christianity has been a big topic on this blog as of late, but I'm not trying to discourage any of you from reading it because of that. It's just ME and this happens to be my blog. I have a pretty personal relationship with God and so it doesn't end up on the blog much (especially because I know my readership is so diverse and I want to keep it that way!!!!!!!!). But it was an important part of my breakup with Vinnie and I wanted to share that with all of you. It's been a big topic in almost all of my conversations today so it was on my mind, and I wanted to share some stuff with my readers who are Christian. But I just want you to know that I am conscious of it and I should be going back to my regularily scheduled "non-partisan" blogging tomorrow. :-)

And one more thing... it really is SO nice not to be dating someone, because I can stay up as late as I want and I have time for myself. I so need time for myself... I love emailing and IMing and talking on the phone to all of you and already in the past few days I've had more time to do that!! :-) (Plus I have made more time to do it, which is what I SHOULD be doing!!!)

No comments: