Monday, May 01, 2006

Shoot, I missed a month

Wow, people, you let a whole month go by without even letting me know that I missed posting. I suck at life!!

Of course there's a boy involved. Y'all know me too well to not have known that. When else do I completely disappear off the face of the Earth?

Okay so here's an update I wrote during April to some friends of mine... I will write more after I post this.

What is going on with me? I don't even know the last time I wrote so I don't know what's new and what's not! I'm involved with this ministry at my church called Quarterlife, it is for people that are... guess what... in their quarter-life (aka 20-somethings). It is really fabulous and I'm... guess what... Wednesday night coordinator! No joke they seriously have Wednesday night large group meetings. It is all oddly familiar. But good! I would like to change the formatting of the way the Wednesday nights work a little bit, but the pastor doesn't provide me nearly as much freedom as Emery did which is an issue I sometimes struggle to deal with.

I am dating this lovely young gentleman named Geoff who is also involved with Quarterlife leadership, he's currently planning our spring retreat. And when I say young, I mean young... he is 20!! Advice -- don't date a minor. You can't go to happy hour, wine tasting, clubs, bars, ANYTHING!! Other than that (huge) flaw, he is absolutely wonderful. I'm really enjoying spending time with him and getting to know him... we really "get" each other and are quite comfortable around each other. We also have a good group of common friends which makes things even more fun (actually one of his best friends is the brother of one of my good friends which is pretty funny!).

A group of gals from Quarterlife and I have these "Sex and the City" nights where we ponder questions from SATC (when a relationship dies, does the ghost always haunt you? which comes first, the relationship or the sex?) from a Christian perspective. It's really cool to get to share our thoughts, experiences, struggles, etc. with each other. We usually get together on Friday or Saturday nights and go to a bar or restauraunt and discuss! We're also taking a tirp to Vegas together in May... yay!!

Okay, so my whole life DOESN'T revolve around Quarterlife believe it or not... LOL, actually I don't love the ministry itself, I just happen to have met some fabulous people through it. I've been doing a lot of running lately. I ran in my first 10K and now I'm training for a half marathon on June 10th. It is so much more motivating to run when you're training for an actual race. I've been throwing in some body sculpting classes and swimming for a little cross-training, and it's going great. Tonight I'm starting ballroom dancing classes with Geoff and 6 other friends... should be very... well, interesting at least. We'll see how it goes!

I went to Spain to visit my sister who is studying there in March... it was great! It was the first time I've gone to Europe so it was a wonderful experience and it was cool to be able to see my sister and my mom. She is loving it and learning a lot.

No comments: