Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Running, how I long for thee....

Seriously! Who knew how obsessed I was? I had no idea, but it's really driving me crazy not to have any physical activity. Though I did get to go to the gym with Geoff yesterday and lift. I love lifting... except with Geoff! Mr. Former College Athlete is freaking psycho! That's okay, when I can swim and run I will get him back... he has to put up with my grueling cardio workouts if he thinks I will tolerate his crazy strength days. Muhahaha. ;-) Seriously though, it's good times. He AND Kristie joined LA Fitness with me yesterday, which is super exciting! I love having gym going partners! I think Addy is going to join with me too when she moves up here. YEAH I love it! 7 days until I can run again... 19 days until the half marathon... 5 months until Geoff's 21st birthday... (oops that one doesn't quite belong)!

So when I first hear a song, I rarely like it, no matter what genre, etc. But if I hear a song many times I almost always like it. I'm a very visual learner, and I love to know the words to a song, so if I really want to like a song for whatever reason I will listen to it on repeat while reading the lyrics. I'm doing that right now with the song Frontline by Pillar -- it's Geoff's favorite song. I'm loving it!

It's not like I'm walking alone into the valley of the shadow of death
Stand beside one another, 'cause it ain't over yet
I'd be willing to bet that if we don't back down
You and I will be the ones that are holding the Crown in the end
When it's over, we can say, "Well done"
But not yet, 'cause it's only begun
So, pick up, and follow me, we're the only ones
To fight this thing, until we've won
We drive on and don't look back
It doesn't mean we can't learn from our past
All the things that we mighta done wrong
We could've been doing this all along

Everybody, with your fists raised high
Let me hear your battle cry tonight
Stand beside, or step aside
We're on the frontline

And we'll be carrying on, until the day it doesn't matter anymore
Step aside, you forgot what this is for
We fight to live, we live to fight
And tonight, you'll hear my battle cry
We live our lives on the frontlines
We're not afraid of the fast times
These days have opened up my eyes
And now, I see where the threat lies

We've got to lead the way


I have a lot of TV to catch up on -- I have the 3 final hours of Grey's Anatomy, 2 or 3 episodes of Alias, and the final episode of The OC to watch. Plus Geoff and I are going to watch the 24 season finale tonight... can't wait! I've heard nothing but good things. I saw an article about it on CNN this morning but I was smart enough not to click on it.

When it gets to be the last few weeks before my Remicade, my stomach often starts acting up. Such is the case at the moment. 13 days until Remicade again, and my poor little tum-tum is already being meanie. How's that for baby talk? LOL... okay seriously, but it's just not cool! I actually am surprisingly used to it so it doesn't bother me that much, but it's just like the constant nag. I don't know how to best describe it. I just wanted to air my grievances!

No comments: