Saturday, February 10, 2007

The house all to myself!

I am home alone all weekend - well, actually I only have about 24 hours left. SAD! I have gotten so much done.

Okay let's back up... Thursday after work I took a nap, then went to Cheesecake Factory for dinner with Geoff and then we stopped by his parents house to see the progress on their house. After that we watched Grey's and ate our cheesecake. I know it was a "big episode"... but I wasn't such a fan. It was alright.

Friday after work I helped Geoff pack, saw the guys off, and then headed out to The Way. I met up with Katie and saw a bunch of old friends from Quarterlife and had some great chats. I was kinda looking for the friend of Geoff's brother (Andrew - that's the friend's name, not the brother's name) and then I finally saw him - STANDING RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME!! So cool! We chatted during the "give someone a big bear hug" time. And since the drummer (Brook) was on his honeymoon with the lead singer and main speaker's (John Mark's) little sister (Elizabeth) - guess who the substitute drummer was? That's right, it was Jeff from Kutless! How much fun is that? I thought it was pretty cool. We had a guest speaker named Andy, and Katie was like "hey, he used to work at the Starbucks across the street from my house!". And sure enough, he talked about Starbucks. I was not up to going out last night, so I went to Target afterwards - and made some great finds. I was looking for a cake storage thing (which I found) and a little sewing machine. I found the sewing machine... and actually ended up just buying an even smaller little handheld one. I am not very happy with it though, so I'm going to take it back today. But none of that is important - what I am REALLY excited about is my Dirt Devil Kone! They came out around Christmas and I fell in love with the pink one. But they are $40 and I thought that was too much for a dustbuster. So as I was wandering around looking for the sewing machine, I happened to see a Kone with a clearance sticker on it - $10.04!!! They only had the black and grey ones in stock, and it looked like only the black was on clearance. So I snatched it up. I LOVE IT. It looks fabulous, it's hanging out in my living room and it works REALLY well. I vacuumed my whole stairs with it, they have never been so clean. It's awesome. For 10 bucks!

This morning I made bacon and eggs for breakfast, disinfected the entire kitchen, swept and mopped everywhere, have done 2 loads of laundry, and watched an episode of Rachael Ray. Now I just have to vacuum downstairs and upstairs and finish cleaning my room a little. Exciting! I haven't made a decision about if I will go to the gym or not today - I am feeling pretty good and haven't even had to take any medicine, but I don't want to have to, either! I did decide that I'm definitely going to go for a run tomorrow morning before church. YAY! Can't wait. I might hit the gym later this afternoon or evening and just walk or ride the bike or something to get back into things.

No comments: