Tuesday, January 04, 2005

The Aviator

So today I got up and dragged myself to a meeting at work, then grabbed a quick lunch and headed to Washington Park for my hike. I hiked about 8 miles roundtrip, up to Pittock Mansion for GORGEOUS views of Portland and then back down to the area near the Portland Zoo and Vietnam Memorial where I parked. I'll post pictures of my hike in the days to come. After that I went to Costco but didn't find anything I wanted, then drove around and looked at a few houses. Then I realized that I was about to miss movie Tuesday, so I headed over to the theatre and saw The Aviator on a whim. I'd never even heard of it, but it was playing about 10 minutes after I got there so I figured that would work. It was 3 hours long (yikes) but actually pretty good. I was a little disappointed by the ending, unfortunately. If they were going to end it the way they did, they might as well just have ended it that way an hour earlier. If you see it you'll know what I mean. But anyway, then I came home and got my mail and paid my rent. Then I took a bath, my second in about 3 days but also my second since I've lived here. Interesting. And I had apple cider, yum. Now I'm doing laundry, looking at houses online, and pondering life. Actually I'm counting the minutes until 10 when I'm letting myself go to bed, yay! :-)

No comments: