Monday, January 21, 2008

"You should befriend some Mormons"

After reading my last post, Patrick IMed me and said "you should befriend some Mormons" - a reference to the fact that Mormons are supposed to stockpile a year's worth of food. By the way, even after somewhat extensive internet research, I haven't been able to find out exactly WHY Mormons do this - in some cases I read it's 2 years, in some I read it was just a "recommendation", etc. So I am unclear - if you happen to know more of the background of Mormon stockpiling, would you mind commenting and sharing some of the story? The first I heard of this was last month during our flooding - an older couple in Vernonia had a year's worth of food in their basement that was all ruined.

BACK TO THE STORY (gosh I get off topic easily)... after Patrick commented that I should befriend some Mormons, I showed him this link - a Mormon grocery gamer with her beautiful stock pile of one year's worth of food. Note the THREE FEEZERS: one for fruit / ice cream, one for meat, and one for veggies. Wow.

Oh and in case you're wondering what Geoff thinks about this - he seems to enjoy it! (not as much as me, but of course he's not as much of a freak as I am). He went with me to all of my stores yesterday, and agreed to go again today and do a seperate transaction so that we can get twice the amount of items allowed in one transaction (the reason we're going again is because I missed a few things when making my initial list yesterday... I am not a star grocery gamer yet). I thought he would NOT be excited about the seperate transactions, but he said it happened all the time when he worked at Schuck's and it's not big deal. YAY!

No comments: