Thursday, January 10, 2008

It got worse

Read my post called "Outrage" just below this if you haven't yet.

It gets worse... I read on in the same article and read "Hillary's life was marked by grand achievements, high adventure, discovery, excitement -- and by his personal humility. Humble to the point that he only admitted being the first man atop Everest long after the death of climbing companion Norgay." Nothing wrong with that sentence/paragraph... if you don't count the fact that 8 paragraphs prior you read "Hillary's life was marked by grand achievements, high adventure, discovery, excitement -- and by his personal humility. Humble to the point that he only admitted being the first man atop Everest long after the death of climbing companion Tenzing Norgay."

Wow, thanks for taking out the first name Tenzing. That made that paragraph MUCH different than the one that came before it.

And these are just the mistakes I catch, people! Who knows what else I'm missing, even in the articles I read (I often get bored and skim, especially towards the bottom).

This article in particular is good though. I really enjoy reading about Hillary... especially his comments about David Sharp, those have always really resonated with me (from what we know, not having been on the mountain that day, as many as 40 climbers didn't stop to help Sharp because they were more interested in their own summit attempt).

No comments: