Monday, October 25, 2004

Meeting the mom...

FIRST, a huge shout-out is owed to Jenni, without whom I wouldn't be so inspired to write. She is a far greater reader than I am a writer and I am so glad that she is there, listening and responding to everything I'm writing.

So this weekend was pretty fun!!

Saturday: Woke up sort of lateish as always, kinda just chilled most of the day. Got a Halloween costume because I decided I was going to a Halloween party that night. Went to Widmer, which was this AMAZING brewery downtown, with Vinnie and his mom. Had the 14 beer sampler... oh my! But at least now I have a great basis for what types of beer I like and don't like. Yay for me! I was so proud. Meeting the mom was great. I was a huge fan of her. Then we went to the Krispy Kreme... yum. Then we went back to Vinnie's house and talked for a while, then I went to the Halloweeen party with Kristie! Had a LOT of fun and met a lot of cool people that work the same hours as me, so that was really nice. Got very inspired for my Halloween party this weekend with Vinnie and Addy!!!!

Sunday: Woke up around 10, hung around the house until 3 when Kristie and I went to get my car (someone else drove us home the night before, definitely a smart choice). Then at 5 I went to church all by my lonesome. :( Then I gave Vinnie and his mom a tour of my building (work), since I told them I would the night before. Then we went to dinner at Red Robin... yum again. I love eating out. I talked to Sarah on the phone for about an hour and a half Sunday and a fair amount of that time was spent talking about food. We are admittedly a little ridiculous, and yet fun. :-)

Monday: Woke up at 7:00 when Vinnie called my cell phone. I was like "what, who's calling me in the middle of the night?!" "wait a minute, it's 7:00, maybe I'm late for work" "wait it's 7 AM and Monday" "wait do I have a meeting?!" "wait it's VINNIE calling!!". Hahaha... anyway, he took his mom to the airport so then after that he came by and just hung out with me for a few hours before work since he was up so early anyway... so sweet! :-) So then when he went to work I became PRODUCTIVE!!! From like 10 - 12:30 I did laundry, vacuumed, cleaned the bathroom and kitchen, had quiet time, hung some pictures, talked to Russ, went through my mail, and did some other stuff. From 12:30 - 2 I read the book for book club tonight. Then from 2 - 4 I went shopping with Kristie, but it was a very unsuccessful shopping trip unfortunately. :( So from 4 - 6 I'm supposed to be reading (although I'm blogging and talking online...) and then we're going to book club. After book club I'm hanging out with Vinnie cause I haven't had any really quality time with him in 2 weeks!!! Tomorrow night we are making dinner together, I'm REALLY excited for that. And I already have a list of stuff I need to do tomorrow... I don't know what I'd do with a weekend that was less than 4 days long! I'd never get anything done!! ;-)

FOUR MORE DAYS 'TIL ADDY COMES AND WE GO SEE CHRIS TOMLIN!!!!!!!!!! :-) Yay for the two loves of my life!

It's an interesting thing, transitioning into the life of an adult. I am starting to make better use of my time... enjoying cooking, reading, going to a book club, things like that. Just something I'm thinking about... maybe I'll ponder that and write some more about it soon.

Thanks for reading!

1 comment:

Jenni said...

I love shout-outs. Remember B96? Alicia Webb swore up and down that I called for the cheerleading squad. I most certainly did not!