Friday, July 02, 2004

yeah, still want the gmail!

Okay, so does anyone have a gmail invite? I promise I'm still looking for one... when I get one I will dedicate an entire blog to describing the wonderfulness of the person who gave me one. Just think, that person could be you. And then you'd be cool.

The thing about gmail is that everyone gets one, but then they pass it on. So you could have had one, but already given it away. And you'll never get one again, because why would you? That makes no sense, you already have your gmail account. If anyone you know has one, tell them to IM it to me or email me. Thanks. I'm a huge fan of you. :)

The other thing about gmail is that by doing thos whole invite thing, Google just gets their stupid email to seem really cool. Which it is, I think, but I wouldn't know because I don't have it. Just the dumb screenshot. Which is again why I need you to help me out.

My new thing is craigslist. I'm SO addicted to craigslist! www.craigslist.org for those not in the know. But you can buy, sell, trade, get a job, apartment, find a girlfriend, find a boyfriend, make friends, give a rant, get free stuff, and so much more. I've found that the people in Portland are a lot more generous about giving their stuff away free than in Chicago. Then again, craigslist is bigger on the West Coast, so maybe it's just because there are more users. All the same, when I move out there I definitely am going to either get some free furniture or buy used furniture from craislist. And I love reading the missed connections "ummm, I sat at the table across from you at Starbucks yesterday, I was the guy in the brown hat, you were hot, email me". It's just so funny. How could you NOT be addicted? Speaking of (k)NOT, I'm not addicted to theknot anymore. Since I left school, there have been no visits to theknot.com. I know Dena will find this hard to believe, but it's true! theknot is so out, craigslist is so in. Of course, in is in by my standards.

Here's my agenda for the next few weeks for those wondering where I'll be:
July 3 - 5: Chicago-ish... visiting Palatine, Evanston, and Doug (who apparently is now an entity in Chicago)
July 5 - 10: Houston... visiting the grandparents and aunts and uncles and cousins
July 10 - 11: Chicago-ish... Jenn's wedding, then maybe a quick trip through Chicago
July 16 - 21: LA. Clearly we all know what that means. :)
July 31ish: Leaving for Portland, but taking a trip through Reno/Lake Tahoe first. Getting to Portland around the 6th or 7th. WOO HOO!
August 16: Start work... the beginning of the rest of my life.

FRYS IS COMING TO CHICAGO! Actually it already has, the grand opening is tomorrow. This is AMAZING. For those of you who don't know, it is the most AMAZING place. It's like a Best Buy, Circuit City, ABT, CompUSA, Apple store, and MORE all built into one. It's huge, they have great deals, and it's amazing. I'm so excited. Granted, I'm leaving, but this makes Chicago a much more appealing place to come back to in the future. Just kidding, but it's just a plus.

I'm officially getting the car tomorrow, maybe. That doesn't sound so official. :) We'll see though, hopefully it will all work out! I'll keep you posted on that, although I feel that is an old subject here at the blog.

Was today's entry any better? I tried to spice it up and not just make it the same old "and then I did this, and then that". Maybe if I can just talk about what I'm excited about and everything this blog will be improved. I need to be more controversial... maybe I can aspire to that tomorrow. :)

No comments: