Sunday, June 27, 2004

Garage Sale = Success!

So the garage sale was a success! Although the people next door to us made more money than us, my sister and I both made $95, which wasn't too bad. The funniest thing was that back when I worked in Oregon, my friend Jen came to me and was like "hey, my friend that worked at Nike got these shoes and they don't fit me, do you want them?" I took them and never really wore them, so I put them out at the garage sale -- brand new Nike shoes! So the next door neighbor comes by and is like "hey, those are perfect for my Boundary Waters trip, let me try them on!" They fit perfectly, so he bought them from me for $5. Good deal for him certainly, and I made $5 from nothing so it wasn't bad for me either. Amusing, anyway. Then my mom and I did some shopping (not really fun, just errand-type shopping). Then we had Chinese for dinner, yuuuum. And THEN we hooked my sister up with this guy who is the son of someone my mom knows from work. He just finished his freshman year at DePaul and so she went and hung out at some apartment parties with him. She had tons of fun, which was cool because she has been so bored in Iowa. While she did this I organized, which to the average person may not sound like all that fun of a Saturday night, but I LOVED it. I love to organize. I love Iowa because it's a perfect excuse to be boring for a few months. Although I must say, IC is really not that boring overall. It reminds me a lot of Palatine, with about 100 times (literally) the number of bars. Good times. Oh, and you can see the corn everywhere. Other than that, it's P-town. So anyway, I'm off to try this new church... I didn't think I could handle going to my parent's church the whole summer. I need more energy. I'm hardcore. ;-) I'll holla more lata.

1 comment:

Kelly said...

I miss some folks in P-town... not especially attached to the library, although the new one was nice. But eh...