Monday, June 09, 2008

Shoe problems!

My favorite pair of shoes has breathed its last breath. They are kind of chunky heels, and the rubber part of the heel on the left shoe got loose this morning. It was only held on by one nail (are they nails in shoes? They must be) in the very corner, so it was flapping all around. I tried using scotch tape (hey, I have limited resources at work!) and walked to the bathroom like that. I was flapping like crazy plus making tape squeaks the whole way to the bathroom, and in an effort to cover it up I walked like I had a limp. Okay, so that wasn't going to work. So then I had these straight pins (they have an edge on the end, they're called T-pins, they are for hanging things on a bulletin board) that I tried to stick in there - only without a hammer I couldn't get them past the soft rubber part (like I couldn't get them into the actual hard heel part). So I finally just gave up and ripped the soft rubber part that was hanging by a single nail off. It had to be done. So now I'm about quarter inch lower on my left foot and I guess I'm still walking with a limp, but again, it had to be done! I couldn't flap around all day. Luckily I have a minimal amount of meetings today and don't have to walk around too much. I do have my running shoes in my gym bag in the car, but that just seems ridiculous. What drama.

Weekend was good - Saturday Geoff and I volunteered at a walk/run and that's about it for the day. Yesterday morning we went to church and then had his parents over for lunch and went looking at RVs! It was quite fun. I love RV shopping - it's like going to look at open houses on a Sunday afternoon. Good times.

Oh - and a highlight from church. Two Hawaiian brothers who do the children's music did a special song in "big church" yesterday. They played it on their ukuleles and it went something like this:
J-E-S-U-S Jesus is da best O
J-E-S-U-S Jesus is da best
Pray for your madda
Pray for your fadda
Pray for your sista
Pray for your brotha
J-E-S-U-S Jesus is da best O
J-E-S-U-S Jesus is da best
Pray when you're happy
Pray when you're sad
Pray when you're hungry
And even when you're mad
J-E-S-U-S Jesus is da best O
J-E-S-U-S Jesus is da best!

It was so excellent - we had so much fun singing it. These guys are PERFECT for the children's ministry!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

oh sad, i hate it when wonderful shoes wear out. could you just get the sole repaired at a shoe repair place? i have a pair of dressy heels i'm considering taking in - the plastic sole came off of the bottom of one of the heels, so you're basically just walking with one nail sticking out to support your heel on that side.