Saturday, March 08, 2008

At Oma and Opa's

This weekend Geoff and I are at Oma and Opa's north of Seattle. Also here are Gary and Julie (Geoff's parents) and Jeff and Hannah (Geoff's uncle and cousin). We're here in visiting for the weekend and then tomorrow morning we are going to Nora's (Geoff's cousin) baptism at Peter's (Geoff's uncle) church south of Seattle. We got here last night and I taught everyone SET - it has been so fun to have a big group of people to play with all weekend, and the cards keep coming out... people keep practicing, playing solitare, and playing with a group, etc. This morning we went to a Rotary/YMCA pancake breakfast and then I got my eyes checked by Opa! (he's an eye doctor, don't worry, I didn't just have my eyes checked by some random guy). I have 20/15 vision, although he wrote me a prescription for slight far-sightedness, +.25 in each eye. And I have a problem with vertical alignment or some such business that requires a prism prescription - I already had that from about 6 or 7 years ago, but he made some slight adjustments in the new prescription he wrote me. It was the first time I had my eyes checked since then, and it was really fun. It was very interesting and Opa explained a lot of stuff to me about eyes. It was quite fun. After that we came home, played some SET, went to Costco, I rested (I've been sick for days - I didn't go to work Thursday or Friday) and then we had dinner. Now we are watching The Blues Brothers... it is somewhat interesting because it is filmed in Chicago - like I just saw a Jewel (grocery store)... haven't seen one of those in 3 or 4 years. I can't believe it's been so long since I've been to Chicago, but I haven't been since Labor Day 2005. Crazy to think you haven't been to the city you're FROM in that long. Anyway, it's pretty fun to have a bunch of people around and be watching (not that I'm doing so much watching... but whatever).

I'm also Grocery Gaming (preparing my lists for shopping tomorrow) and obviously blogging... later Geoff and I might go out to get a newspaper so I can have my coupons! I think that is all... my life isn't very exciting. OH!!! I am writing a book. I don't know if I'll ever do anything with it, but I have started it and we'll see where it goes. If I decide to do anything with it, then I'll tell you more.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

haha, i love how completely family this post is: hanging out, playing set, going to a rotary pancake breakfast, playing cards, watching old movies ... i can seriously picture you all hanging out in this old house with wood paneling like my grandparents' house had!!

ryc: wow. saturns should not be pink, and they should NOT be pimped out ... scott and i totally used to joke about putting erma on "pimp my ride", though!! i love that your husband sees a saturn and thinks of me :)