Sunday, March 16, 2008

A fun weekend!

I'm still sick... ugh! But I have a doctor's appointment for tomorrow morning, so that is good. The only bad time really is night, when I'm trying to go to sleep. It takes about 3 hours for my coughing to settle down so I can finally get to sleep. Annoying!

Geoff's stepsister Rebecca is in town, so yesterday his parents called us to see if we wanted to go over to their house for a bit. We were thinking about it, and then I suggested than maybe they could come to our house, so that I wouldn't have to go out. And I suggested Geoff make fried chicken, because he loves cooking it and everyone loves eating it. Geoff thought that was a good plan, so he invited them over and they agreed. It was such a wonderful evening... the chicken always takes a long time to cook (10 - 13 minutes per batch and you can only do very small batches) so we just sat and chatted for hours. I had soooo much fun. It was just a lovely and perfect evening.

I don't know if I have mentioned this before or not, but Geoff and I are church-hunting with Geoff's parents. Now that Geoff is working a regular Monday - Friday schedule and can go to church with me, we could finally really look for a church together, and his parents said that they would love to go to church with us. So this week since Rebecca was in town we let her choose the church (I made a list in Excel with names, location, service times, and web links of churches that either (a) I've been to before and liked, (b) have had referred to me, or (c) came up in my random Google search). This church was my favorite of all of the churches we've "officially" visited together, but is not my favorite of churches I've been to in Oregon. The church that I would rate as my favorite has not been "officially" visited yet. We have a grand time talking about the church afterwards - we all rate on a scale of 1 to 10, say what we liked or didn't like, talk about the atmosphere, talk about the sermon, talk about the pastor, talk about the worship (music), talk about if others were friendly to us, etc. It is interesting because we all notice different things and have different priorities for what we're really looking for in a church.

After the church visit, we went back to Geoff's parent's house for brunch. Rebecca's aunt and uncle and cousins and grandmother and great aunt came too - it's so fun to have them around. The grandmother and great aunt in particular are quite funny... they are leaving for a week in Hawaii so it was so fun to see how excited they were about their trip!

I had another paragraph I was going to write but it didn't turn out how I hoped. My blog is typically not very thought out - it's usually just my spew, and you get what you get. I have actually come back to this twice (I started it about 5 PM, then went back to it about 7 PM, it's now 8:42 PM). I keep thinking that I'm going to have some better way to express what I was going to say, but I don't. It was perfect when I was originally thinking about it but didn't get to my computer to write it in time. That happens somewhat often - I think of something I want to blog about but don't actually do it while I still have the original emotion so it doesn't turn out as well. Maybe I will write it tomorrow if I can get a better semblance of words together.

No comments: