Thursday, June 14, 2007

The wrap up to my day

Dang, sorry for when I have bummer postings. I still enjoy that life has good days and bad, it is part of the cycle of life, and there are always happy times and sad times and that's okay! My cousin Alex was already with my Aunt Julie, and her husband was there as well. My cousin Andrew who lives in California got in around 10 PM last night. They had been giving Julie medicine to help her stay alive until Andrew got there, and they stopped or slowed it when he did. My other aunt and uncle stayed in the hospital until about 3 AM, and Julie died about 4:30 last night - her husband and both sons were there with her. My mom said to my grandfather "I know she went right to heaven to be with Mebe and Febe and Jesus" (Mebe and Febe were my great-grandparents, named by my grandfather when he married my grandmother, so he'd have something to call his in-laws... short for Mother Ebert and Father Ebert). So that is sad, but I saw Julie at Christmas and talked to her on the phone a couple of weeks ago, and my parents were just there Memorial Day weekend. Her husband needs some time and so we don't yet know what the funeral arrangements will be. Since Geoff and I will be in Dallas, we might drive down to Houston for the day to go if it's on Saturday, but it might not be until next week. We'll just have to wait and see!

I'm having lunch with Addy today and I'm VERY excited about that! Then after work I'll go to the gym for my Body Works class and then meet Geoff and head to his parents house for dinner with his cousin and grandmother. YAY! After that we still need to pack and then we'll leave right after work (hopefully leaving work early!) to head to the airport. Very exciting, it should be a great weekend, regardless of what happens.

No comments: