Monday, June 11, 2007

Getting the tortures over with...

WOAH, before I post anything, let me just say that I just looked at my blog from the "front end" and that picture doesn't look anything like me. That is the first time I've EVER looked at a picture of myself and thought it didn't look like me. WEIRD!!!

Anyway, it was a GREAT weekend. Geoff's brother Trevor came in to surprise his girlfriend, Kristy, for her graduation weekend. It was so great to see Trevor! We went over to Geoff's parent's house Thurdsay night for a dinner cooked by Trevor... tossed salad with homemade honey mustard dressing, and honey mustard glazed kabobs. DELISH! Then Geoff and I had to get home to finish Kristy's graduation cake! Friday was Kristy's grad party, Geoff was in charge of the ribs (he did a FABULOUS job) and I was in charge of the cake. People joke that we should start KG Catering! Kristy has 5 brothers and sisters (well, brother and sisters... 5 girls and 1 boy!) so it is always fun being around her family! They are sooo cute! Saturday I got up and talked to my sister a little, then went to the gym, then to Qdoba for some food and Jessica McClintock to look for wedding dresses. Then I stopped by Target to get a new shirt for me and one for Geoff, and then I headed home and napped a little. Saturday night Geoff and I went to Russell St. BBQ for dinner.... soooo tasty as always! Sunday morning I woke up and went to church, then the mall for a bit, then David's Bridal for a dress (I bought one, and Geoff's mom left work to come see me and give me a second opinion, I was SO greatful), then I met Katie at Starbucks, and then I met Geoff at Oceans 13 (better than Oceans 12, not quite as good as Oceans 11). It was a great weekend... I felt like I got a lot done but also felt refreshed!

This weekend and today I got a lot of "tortures" over with... one being dress shopping, and the other isn't a torture to any normal person at all. I was talking to Katie yesterday and telling her how awkward I am and how I still haven't told some of my very dearest friends that I'm engaged! I think it was because I didn't want to feel like I was "bragging" and I didn't a conversation with these people (some of whom I don't get to talk to very often) to be all about me... I wanted to know what was going on in their lives too. I don't know how to explain it! So I have told everyone but ONE person now... and I WILL tell her today. I'm so awkward!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

that is a gorgeous dress!!! good pick. :) (and thank you for sharing it - i feel like a lot of people lately have gone for the "no one will know what my dress looks like til i walk down the aisle" thing. while obviously i respect that, it's still so fun to see a girl's dress beforehand and get to imagine her on her wedding day, etc.)