Tuesday, August 31, 2004

Just checking in...

I don't really have too much going on, unfortunately. Everything is pretty chill. Addy was here this weekend!!! Sooooo fun. Friday night during "lunch" I went to go see her and my friend Dave and this kid Steve at 24-hour Starbucks, then I gave Addy the tour of Intel and then finished up work while she slept like a normal person. Saturday morning I got a few hours of sleep in and then chilled with Addy. We went to lunch at Sweet Tomatoes, YAY!! And Dave came by my apartment so we got to hang out with him, it was great. He leaves for Russia for a year tomorrow, so that is sad. Sunday I went to church with Addy and heard Luis Palau speak (he is SO GREAT!) and Scarlet Cord (my favorite band at the church, a youth band) led worship. YAY! The new sanctuary opens up in 2 weeks! Then Addy went home and I took a nice long nap! Tonight Keith and I went to Chipotle for dinner... yuuuuuum. We're definitely keeping the Portland location in business!

I got my new Oregon plates and a new cell phone... check my IM for the number. :) Good stuff going on... I'm truly becoming an Oregonian... yeah right. I'll always be a Chicago girl at heart. There's no way I could ever learn to drive like these crazy people! Oregon is a cool place to be though.

My shift is really not so cool now that I think about it. I LOVE working nights actually, but the crazy thing is that every two weeks, I work 3 weekend nights (Friday, Friday, Saturday). The front end of the week night shift only works 1 weekend night (Saturday) in a two week period. I really get shafted as a young single person who wants to be able to go out at night. Oh well... live and learn I guess. I wanted that other shift but it just wasn't available. I better just make the most of my weekends when I have them... and maybe I will take weekend nights off when necessary for my social life!

So since Jenni and Ryan aren't updating their blogs, I haven't been as motivated to update mine. Peer pressure or something like that. I'm trying to be better about it, really I am.

I have 6 gmail invites now, so let me know if you want one. I'm always happy to give the fans gmail invites. :)

So this week I'm working Wednesday 8 AM - 3 PM, Thursday 12 AM - 7:30 AM, and Thursday 7:00 PM - 7:30 AM. Yes I know that's a little nuts... I have this training thing going on though so I have to work some weirdo hours. As though my "normal" hours weren't weirdo enough!

Made lasagna yesterday... lots of lasagna. At least I'll have food to eat for the week.

That's about all of the excitement in my life that I can think of right now. Oh, I'm still addicted to Craigslist and I got Addy addicted to it as well. Goooooood times. :)

No comments: