Monday, February 20, 2006

The Birthday Weekend...

...was absolutely amazing! Definitely the best birthday I've had since my 21st, and it was right up there for one of the best ever. GOOD TIMES.

Friday night I went to a Jars of Clay concert at church... it was fun, I got to talk to some people I didn't know super well, and we did clean up at the end of the show. That was cool too cause I got to learn more about the church's physical layout (we have a whole new wing that I didn't know that well). So that was a good time, then we helped with some kitchen clean up and then by then it was 12:30 so I went home and went to bed.

Saturday I had a great birthday party yesterday! Well, first of all, back up a little -- I ran 5 miles in the morning, WOO HOO! I had to run inside because it was so cold out, but it felt good. That night I went out with 11 girlfriends and we had a BLAST. First we went to dinner at one of my favorite places downtown... while we waited for dinner, we had a drink upstairs in the bar area and bumped into this guy a few of us knew from work. We'd never seen him "out" before and he was quite attractive, fun, and friendly, which was entertaining. Down when we were seated for dinner, his party got seated too, so we kept going over to visit him and he kept visiting us. So after that we went across the street to my FAVORITE club, and told the guy from work to meet us over there.

A few people went home before the club so we were down to just 7 of us now. After just 20 or 30 minutes, the work guy came and chatted with us for a long time... when he went to go check on his friends I go "okay I wanna make out with him!!" So did my other friend, but a neutral party decided I should be the one to make out with him because it was my birthday and for a few other reasons. When he came back we chatted some more and he bought us all drinks, then I went to the bathroom. When I came back, he was leaving! So I went over and told him to stay... but he had to take care of some drunk friends. He seemed like he really wanted to stay, and he said in the scenario where he couldn't come back, to have a fabulous birthday, and in the scenario where he did come back, he'd make sure I had a fabulous birthday. Too funny! Well anyway, after that we danced it up for a while. Then we were kinda joking about how I needed someone to make out with... so I was kinda checking out a few lovely young fellows, and pointing them out to the neutral party (she's married). One she was like "oh yeah, he's cute"... and he happened to be text messaging, so I went over and gave him a hard time about it. Well that started up like an hour and a half long conversation. During this time my friends had met up with some other friends, so I wasn't abandoning them or anything. After that I went to his apartment to talk (and kiss... ) for just a little while. My friends were stopping by the hotel of some friends who were in town... yes, that was sketchy. But about an hour later my friends came to pick me up (they knew where the apartment was) and then I went on my marry way home. It was SUCH a fun night! Hehehehe.

OH and for birthday presents, one of my friends got me some YUMMY Victoria's Secret lotion and spray... it's sparkly! And the other friend got me these GREAT running socks and a running log (she's the one running the 10K with me next weeked). Toooo sweet! I love presents. My parents got me a knife for a knife set I'm collecting and a few other little things. I got a couple of checks, a VS gift card from my sister, and some random stuff from my grandparents (ask me about that story!). And my other grandparents sent an REI gift card. Yippiee. :)

Last night I went to CPK with Andy, Mike, Vin, and Geoff -- too fun! I had no idea it was going to be that great, but it was a really fun evening. I had told them all about the guy and how I was hoping he was going to call... and they kept teasing me by calling me and getting me all freaked out. They said "didn't you jump all day every time someone called to say happy birthday"... ummm, no, because I didn't think he'd call until around 8 PM. This was at about 7. So then, about 7:50 I got a text message saying happy birthday -- FROM HIM. Yay yay yay. I was so excited... and I was SHAKING when I was texting him back. Everyone was like what the heck is wrong with you? It was quite odd. So yeah, I told him I'd call later... and I did, but he didn't answer. So I'm *hoping* he calls today... but who knows?? He's quite fetchy though! Then after dinner I went with Kristie and Andy to Kristie's friend Brad's house to watch Grey's Anatomy -- I love that show. So yes, it was a lovely evening. Very good times all around... what a fabulous birthday weekend!!

No comments: