Friday, May 09, 2008

Friday Funnies

First a few softball quotes:

Girl: "I want to be him!" [Geoff]
My thought: "WHY?!?!?!"
My response: "Because he can throw so far? Yeah, it's pretty cool!"

Girl: "Doesn't coach own any long sleeves?"
Me: "Yes, he does."
Girl: "Why doesn't he wear them? It's coooooold!"
My thought: "Because he's a large hairy man that sweats a lot."
My response: "I don't know, I guess he's just not that cold!"

Now a non-softball related funny:
Me: "Does Schucks carry a size 6 AN fitting for a fuel system?"
Geoff: "No, I doubt it."
Me: "Why not?"
Geoff: "They're too expensive."
Me: "Oh. So where would you get one?"
Geoff: "The internet."
Me: "What if you didn't have the internet?"
Geoff: "Maaaybe you could special order it at a few places, but it's just so expensive that no one carries it."
Me: "Well how much is it?" [thinking gosh, why would someone want a $500 part to redo their fuel system?]
Geoff: "$5"
Me: "WHAT?!"
Geoff: "Well those fittings are normally like 50 cents... the $5 ones just don't sell."
Me: "Okay"

It was just so funny that he was saying how expensive it was and it wasn't really the expense, it's just the specialized nature of the part that makes people not carry them. Funny.

No comments: