Thursday, April 26, 2007

Back

Sorry for running away so quickly yesterday, I had to go to a meeting. Anyway, last night we had dutch cheese fondue from The Fondue Cookbook (purchased at Crate & Barrel for only $11.99, they are discontinuing it so they had to order it special but it was way cheaper!), it was great! Geoff has much more patience to make such a thing than I do (I tried it once and made a big blobby burned cheese mess... although in my defense I didn't have the right recipe and it was New Years Day so I couldn't get all of the ingredients, etc. Addy and I had an interesting day and it's still a great story). Addy ended up coming over and a fabulous time was had by all. Our house was so full last night, Eric had a lady-friend over last night, and Kyle's girlfriend Jenny was there, and it was great! It is so fun to be in such a lively house.

Side note: I'm starving.

The organics bin was GREAT - it actually comes in box though, not a bin! Here's what we got:
  • 3 Fuji Apples - *Local*
  • 2 Red Bartlett Pears
  • 2 Ataulfo Mango
  • 4 Bananas
  • 8oz. Strawberries
  • 2 Leeks - *Local, farm direct*(Gee Cr.)
  • 1/2 Snap/Snow Peas
  • 1 Celery
  • 6oz. Crimini Mushrooms - *Local, farm direct*(Hood river)
  • 1 lg. Yellow Onion - *Local*
  • 1 bunch Carrots
  • 1 Lettuce
  • 1 bunch Spinach
  • 1 bunch French Breakfast Radish - *Local*(Groundworks)
  • 1/2-3/4lb. Aparagus - *Local*(Inaba)

We had some carrots and apples as part of the fondue last night, and I had the strawberries for breakfast this morning. Yum!!! I need to find some more recipes for some of these other things. Very exciting. I was a little surprised because there was no bags for most of the stuff (except the strawberries and mushrooms), so I had to bag stuff up and root around looking for all of the little peas. But a lot of it was pretty contained. And now I know to be prepared. I can't wait for the next box!!

I think Geoff and I might go to the driving range during lunch, for $8 you can get 60 balls and lunch! It's super fun! He's busy today though and he's going golfing this afternoon with Eric, so not sure if he will have time or not. If not, I might just eat the pasta I have made or go to lunch at New Seasons with Cindy and Jill. So many great choices! Yum.

Tonight is class at the gym and then my last class of course 2!! So exciting. Tomorrow we're going to The Way with Addy and then not sure for the weekend. I'm kinda hoping I might be able to work a day or two at Hallmark if they call and hire me, but I'm not sure if they'd want me to start so soon. We'll have to see. I also have some chores I need to get done and at some point (like within the next year) I want to paint my bedroom light blue with brown trim. I don't love blue in general but I ADORE that color combo! :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i'm a huge fan of the light blue and brown color combo ... enough that it was actually my wedding colors. i decided the other day that in my next kitchen, i think i want to paint it a nice slatey blue. i'm enjoying my bright asparagus green kitchen for now, though! (i don't understand why more people don't paint their houses pretty colors - props to you for making the decision to!)