Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Slightly worrysome...

So I called my doctor today to make an appointment. I haven't been to this particular doctor in a while, so I wasn't sure if they had my new or old last name. They were looking it up and couldn't find me, and I was thinking "uh-oh"... they finally found me and asked if my birthday was 3/12/1970. Um, nooooooooooo, it's not. So then they asked about my street address. Yes, that's correct. Then they asked about my phone number. Nope, not mine! Not even a former one of mine. Then they asked for the last 4 digits of my Social - those matched. Okay, weird. So they went and cross-checked with an old system to "make sure they got the right patient". After all of that they finally came back and asked for my "new" phone number. I gave her the correct phone number and she confirmed/updated my marital status / employment / address / emergency contact stuff.

The icing on the cake was when at the end she asked "okay so what's your new birthday?" HAHAHAHA. As though it's changed at some point in the last 27 years. I should have made myself 5 years younger. ;-)

No comments: