Thursday, October 11, 2007

Becoming a dentist

I've been thinking lately about becoming a dentist. I have a couple of issues with this: (a) I never took biology or organic chemistry and (b) my grades aren't good enough. I wish I'd had this brilliant idea while actually in college and I could have done something about it. Although I suppose I could take orgo and bio at Portland State and get As in them, then do well on my DAT and still manage to get into a decent dental school. Volunteering at a dental clinic would also help. I (totally unrelatedly) have a dentist appointment today, so I might talk to them about becoming a dentist. I'm not sure if I'm ready for that though... might just continue to research for now and then go from there.

I'll keep you posted on what I'm going to do with my life...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

a dentist? really? that's a big switch from industrial engineering!! that's cool, though - random, but very cool.

ryc: yeah, those girls taught me to knit later in college, and i never got as into it as either of them (especially clair!!), but it's very portable and easy ... i'm hoping that a real project will pique my interest. and, i totally understand your interest in quilting - that's my other big "trying to get into it" thing. (i took a career aptitude test in grad school and two of my highest five categories were working with shapes and colors, so i figure something like quilting should be perfect for me!) i hope you like your quilting class!