Tuesday, December 09, 2008

Camping

Geoff and I are thinking about going camping this Saturday night, just a quick one-nighter. At the local state park we like to go to, winter camping with full hookups is $18 a night. However, there is a reservation fee of $6! So usually in the winter I like to avoid making reservations... who camps in the winter? Not that it's that empty, but there is usually at least a spot or two available. One day this will probably come back to bite me, but for now, I'm going to keep playing with fire...

Last night Tiffany and I went to a Big Ten Holiday Charity Bash. The bash was a bust. :( It was advertised as all you can eat with a flight of beers at one of my favorite breweries in town. Awesome we thought! But the food selection was limited - tortilla roll ups, a cheese/salami/olive tray, meatballs, chicken skewers, and sausage. Not so much all you can eat... especially since they'd only had half as many people last year so they quickly ran out of food. They brought more in but it was about an hour later. And the company was... interesting. I knew 2 or 3 people from my own alumni association, but really, a lot of Northwestern alumni are a little odd. And Tiffany was the only OSU person there, so we sat at a table with some Illinois and Indiana people. Anyway, it was a fine evening and we had a good time people watching, but we won't be back next year!

No comments: