Monday, February 25, 2008

Couple of exciting weekends!

We've had a busy couple of weeks, hence the lack of posts. Two weekends ago, we went camping to Cannon Beach (the Oregon coast) with Geoff's mom and a coworker of mine and her family (they own an RV as well). It was great fun as always... we had TWO great campfires (perfect weather that weekend) and got to do lots of talking and relaxing and eating. Geoff made buffalo wings and fries for dinner one night and burgers and fries the second night - healthy, I know. :) His brother gave us a deep fryer for Christmas so we made use of it while camping. It was delicious! We talked about politics, religion, family, and who knows what else... it was very very fun!

Tuesday was my birthday, I got lots of cloth napkins! I realize that sounds lame, but it was perfect - I have really been wanting them and now I have a good sized stash. Geoff took me to THREE Goodwills to look for cloth napkins. We also had a delicious dinner at Geoff's parent's house... YUM. We had chicken parm pizza, which was a Rachael Ray recipe I'd really been wanting to try, and it was so good. I also got some gifts from our wedding registry, and the SET card game! I still play SET every day online, so I was so excited to get the card game. Geoff and I have played about 5 times so far and he has yet to beat me... hehe. :) Actually I think the only person who could beat me is my sister - and that comment is based only on our times each day. She usually has the fastest time in the online puzzle, then me, then Geoff, my mom, and Patrick (the three of them usually have similar times). But my sister consistenly beats me, so I'm sure she could beat me at the card game. I got 1 min and 8 seconds on the online game today. I love SET!

This weekend we got TONS done. I love getting things done. It makes my weekend so much more enjoyable. Friday night we had dinner with Addy, then Saturday morning we got up at 6:30 to take her to the airport - she's in Hawaii right now. LUCKY! Saturday afternoon I did 2 loads of laundry, cleaned the kitchen, swept and mopped, cleaned the bathroom, etc. Saturday night we went to Safeway to take part in the Savings Rally - buy 25 items and you get $20 back. So we bought 25 $1 cans of tomatoes - twice! Yes that is 50 cans... but we use 4 cans a week so that's only a couple of months worth. And they cost us $0.20 each. Yay. I am so easily amused. Sunday morning we went to Cedar Mill Bible Church with Geoff's parents - we are trying new churches with them which is really fun. I liked this church but I'm not positive it will be my favorite... as Geoff points out, that's the reason for trying new churches. We can either try our whole list until we run out of churches (we have about 15 - 20 on the list of options to try) or until we find one that we can't live without. So we'll see. Sunday afternoon we finished up our grocery shopping for the week, Geoff mowed the lawn, I filled up our yard waste bin by hacking away at our rose bush, lilac bush, and some other unidentified plant, did another load of laundry, went through and organized all of my bathroom (needed to throw away some expired medicines, make some space for all of my grocery game items, etc.), finished our taxes... I LOVE getting so much done. It's so great.

Now that I'm on this organizing frenzy, I'm going to dig some stuff out of our shed tonight. Geoff threw some boxes in there when he moved in, and I think they need to come out. He says most are office supplies. So I'm looking forward to doing that. During this process, I've come up with lots of stuff to donate, and I don't know where to donate this stuff? Like full-size bottles of shampoo and conditioner, plus tons of samples/trial sizes of things - makeup, shampoo, conditioner, lotion, etc. Plus I have a feeling we're going to have office supplies to donate after I go through all of our stuff tonight (I have a bunch too). Where do you donate that type of stuff? I actually talked to my sister about it and she said she would LOVE to have some of that stuff next year when she's in grad school (she's already worried about being a poor grad student), so some I will save for her. But still - where WOULD you donate that type of stuff if you wanted to?

No comments: