Friday, June 03, 2005

Hello

Yes, I'm still here. Very stressed-out and overworked lately, but I think it's mostly my own fault. I'm getting more excited about work and taking on a lot of different things which is cool but it's also causing a rukus because I feel like work is taking over my life, not to even mention the house stress that I have. Here, I'll make a list of my stresses and praises for you all to enjoy:

*Stresses*
- Constant paperwork, etc. related to my house
- Business in preping to move (calling movers, breaking lease, packing, etc.)
- Overworking myself at "real" work
- Not having enough time / dedication to be working out the way I should be to prepare for a climb I have coming up next week
- My sister being here for the summer and adjusting to her needs
- Big life decisions

*Praises*
- My sister and Addy being here for the summer to enjoy spending time with and also to have support me when I move
- A possible shift to a day job
- My new house, once I'm all settled in in July/August
- Amanda considering moving in with me this fall
- A possible business trip to So Cal! (man, haven't been there in about 9 months!)

So, there are always constant praises in life, but sometimes it just seems like the stresses weigh them down. That's rare for me (which is a praise in itself), but I need to learn to better compartmentalize work better. I think this weekend I'm going to really enjoy Saturday off, then spend half of Sunday relaxing and half working on personal things (cleaning, paperwork, etc.), then work all day Monday (I have a class), then Tuesday finish up personal work and errands and maybe enjoy a movie in the afternoon. Then I have 2 and a half days of work before my first big climb!

Miss y'all! :-)

No comments: